Sunday, October 19, 2008

all alone

That's it. My mom left on Friday. I was doing fine saying goodbye until I climbed back into the van and Cameron was standing next to my seat with big tears welled up in his eyes. I gave him a hug and told him it was okay, and he burst into tears... which of course caused me to start crying. So I sat in the back with Cameron while we both cried... Isaac joined in too. It was so sad! It broke my heart to see Cameron so sad to see Grandma leave. It definitely made me want to live closer to our families. I'm tired of my kids not really knowing their Grandma's or cousins. It's really sad when Cameron sees them once a year and says, "Mom. These are my new friends." We have loved living down here but I think we are ready to be within a few hours distance from family.

Within 5 minutes of being home, the kids were screaming and Tyler and I were arguing. My mom really held us together for the week that she was here. She organized our house, cleaned up after us constantly, cooked, played with the kids. She is super woman! We are doing well now that we've been alone for a few days. But Tyler has still been around... his Mom comes this Friday. We are excited to see her. Ask me how I'm doing with three kids under the age of 4 (Cam will be 4 this Saturday) after Tyler's mom leaves on the 1st and Tyler is working full-time in Phoenix for his first clinical rotation. That will be when real life starts and it gets really interesting!

Here are some pics from the past week...

Miss Macey Joy

Macey and one of the women she's named after- Joy (She is named after both Grandma's since Tyler's mom's name is Joyce- pretty conveinent huh?)
Doing what I did best while Mom was here- relaxing.

This was just a few minutes ago. She is already changing so much.
The boys are loving their baby sister- especially Cameron. He is smitten! Isaac is a little more needy and clingy, but that's to be expected. They are both doing so well with her though. She hasn't been stepped on or sat on yet- only kicked in the head really hard- and that was on accident. We are loving having this baby here, and she's an amazing sleeper at night so far!

7 comments:

thesquiresfamily said...

She is precious!!! Congrats! And you look great! I hate goodbyes, especially to my Mom, it's the worst when your kids are bawling too, you proor thing! Do you guys get to go back to Utah soon??? Your amazing! 3 kids under 4!!!

Valerie: said...

oh she has gotten so big i think. I think she looks like both cameron and issac. I cant wait to see her again.

Amber said...

she is just so cute and tiny! don't you love having your mom there?? i hardly have to do a thing when my mom's around!

Unknown said...

She really has changed alot. I still think she is identical to Cam, she is so cute! That is sad about Grandma leaving, we would love to have you guys live closer! I will post some pics up soon of ms. Estella. I will call you guys tomorrow.

Kim said...

We're ready for you to be by us too! I can't believe Cameron is four on Saturday!! Crazy! Macey is SO cute I can't wait to see her in person. She looks so much like the boys!

Chelsea Nicole said...

She is so cute!!!

maryirene said...

she is so cute. my brother and his wife just had twins, a boy and a girl! babies are so fun. i wouldn't mind following your pattern, two boys and then a girl. congrats again.