Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Steve's wedding

I had the chance to go up to Idaho for Steve's wedding. For those of you who don't know that story, we dated for about 5 years, he converted to the church when he was 17 and I was 15, his Mom and Step Dad were baptized later also, he went on a mission, and I Dear Johned him. I married Tyler four months before Steve got home. How rude, I know! But we have remained great friends (after a few years of awkwardness and working out our closures and misconceptions). He has been part of my family for 10 years now and I was thrilled to attend his sealing in the Rexburg Temple on May 2nd. (You're not the only ones who think it's weird that we are still good friends after this whole thing). My parents have been another set of parents to him... my dad baptized him, went with him to get his Patriarchal blessing, went through the temple with him, flew back to Michigan for his mission farewell, etc.) He has spent lots of time with my family since I met him at 14 years old. It was an awesome weekend (and can I mention I have the best husband ever who took care of our kids while I went ALONE!)

This is where it all began 10 years ago! Andrew Kurtz (Steve's best friend), Heather (my sister), me, and Steve... we're only missing Alicia Spencer (Bishopp). It was such a great reunion!

This is my third Mom... Steve's mom, Kathy.
My mom, sisters, and I (Christine, Heather, me, Mom) after the luncheon at BYUI.
My little brother and his girlfriend, Chelsea.
Steve and I outside the temple just after he got hitched!
Heather and Steve
Steve's family- Joe (brother), Dad, Steve
Kurtz and Steve
Steve and one of his sets of parents (mine)
Steve, me, and David the night before the wedding 
Steve, Chelsea, and David
The cute couple coming out of the temple
So cute!
David, Andy, Andrew, Joe, and Megan
This was seriously an awesome trip. I felt so much love for Steve, his family, Andrew, etc. It was so awesome! I was so glad to be a part of their wedding... Congrats to Steve and Megan!

It's good to be home. The one negative was I came home to a house full of a stomach virus and got it myself. But I'm feeling much better now and I'm so grateful for good health!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

HEYYYYYYYYY.....You mean you were about a mile from my house and you didn't come and see me?!?!? NO FAIR! I'm sad! I'm sure you were really busy but I wish I could have snuck up to the temple just to say hi!!! :) Darn it!

Creel Family said...

I am really glad that you had a fun trip and once again SO SO SO sorry that you came home to the barfing...yuck....we owe you guys!

MegEddins said...

Both Mel and I could have come and seen you! Tell us next time you are so close! Congrats on baby #3!!!

Jones Family said...

I definitely remember Steve. Good for him. He has a beautiful new wife.

Phil and Becca said...

Tiffany, it was so nice to see the family and Steve. Brings back memories. Christine looks completely different! You and Heather look as skinny as ever, even though you are pregnant, you look fabulous still. How great it was to see pictures of your parents. Congrats to Steve. That's such an exciting conversion story.

The Probert Family said...

Yeah, it is pretty crazy that you guys are such good friends. Way to go.

And Happy Birhtday on Saturday!!!! I know how important that day is to you. I hope it was a GREAT birthday!

Valerie: said...

I am glad you had a good time in rexburg!! Is everyone healthy now at home? When do you go to the doctor? This week right?

Phil and Becca said...

I checked out Christine's blog. She is so cute. It's amazing how grown up she looks since I haven't seen her for 10 years or so. Crazy. Your whole family is so beautiful!