Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Break

Tyler is out of school, the Christmas shopping is done, our tree is up, we've made goodies for friends, and now we're just waiting! One of the perks of being in grad school is you get long holiday breaks! WOO HOO! Ty finished classes this past Friday and doesn't go back until the 2nd of January. We are excited to have him home! Here are some pics from the past few weeks.
Notice my baby's legs... these are 6-12 month pants... he is no where near fitting into them!

My family will appreciate this picture. Cameron has a serious obsession with this snowman that my mom has at her house. Well, she sent him one this year. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry as he sings a song really loudly and I knew it would be played 24/7 here. Cameron is in love!

Cam playing in the backyard the other day.

Our tree... I am in love with it! I never had a real Christmas tree growing up. I am convinced that I want one every year now that I have my own family! We have loved being home preparing for Christmas. This is our first year to be in our own home and not go to Utah... we are so excited!

Our friends, the Wiltbanks, got our tree up in northern Arizona for us straight from the forest. It's so cute- lovely Charlie Brown tree! I am so in the Christmas spirit this year. I have Christmas music playing most days... for those that know me personally, that is a shock from past years when I've been quite the scrooge!

My Grandma Creed made all of her grandchildren stockings growing up... so now my mom makes her grandkids and in-laws one too. I love our stockings!

Isaac eating breakfast with Tyler the other day...

This has been the highlight of the past few weeks. Last weekend, our good friend Ryan invited us to go with him to the Phoenix Coyotes game. Now having lived in Michigan where most people are hockey fans, I quickly joined in while living there. I LOVE THE RED WINGS! Well, I hadn't been to a game in several years and Ryan took us! WOO HOO! Tyler had never been to a pro-game before so I was excited. I almost got us tickets a few months ago for when they played the Red Wings down here, but they were too pricey! The game was so fun. Tyler had never seen me so into a game! It was awesome. We had great seats and funny guys in front of us that made the best comments! Thanks Ryan! And thank you to the Creel's for watching our munchkins!


Funny and dramatic pic of Cam on the way home after we picked him up from the Creel's house that night... he had been sleeping... talk about tantrum!

5 comments:

Creel Family said...

Welcome to the Christmas Spirit Club! Thanks for the treats...they are pretty much gone already! Thanks for everything you guys do for us...you're THE BEST!

The Bluths said...

For some reason your posts are so easy to read. Maybe because you break them up with pictures. You would think living in Minnesota my whole life I would be a hockey fan, but no, never been to a game, but Ethan took Logan one time and he loved it.

Spencer Family said...

Hey it was good to talk to you the other night! Your tree is so cute. Could you send some of that Christmas spirit my way? I have NONE! I think next year we are going to stay home too--there's just something about sleeping in your own bed and waking up to presents underneath your own tree. Have fun with Ty home and call me after the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

My favorite is Cam's little bum sticking out from under his shirt decorating the Christmas tree. Izit looks bigger. Is he growing? Your tree is cute. I wish my house was done so I could have a house to put a tree in. Maybe one of these years. Looks like you guys have been having fun. Merry Merry Christmas!

Kim said...

Your tree is so cute it looks a lot like ours pretty sparse! I love real trees too, they just smell so good. It's weird to see Cam playing outside in the sunshine but then have it be Christmas! Looks like you guys have been having a good time, I'm jealous you've had Ty home, I want that! Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!