Sunday, December 23, 2007

Crazy Sick

So since probably Thursday, I've been sick. I'm talking the flu- really swollen glands, major infection in my sinuses, super achy body, etc. I've been taking all of my remedies hoping to kill it off, but nothing has helped! So I don't sleep well at all since my glands are so swollen (especially my left side for some reason). It's definitely painful. Anyway, last night, around 3 AM (I wake up about every 45 mins to an hour), I was using the bathroom. I took my normal essential oil (Spice of Life) which really helps with colds and keeping them at a minimum. It also gets rid of a sore throat in an instant... anyway, I decided instead of putting a drop on my hand and licking it off (which is the normal procedure), I'd drop it right in my mouth straight from the bottle. I knew it would be stronger and maybe it would help more. Well, bad idea! I instantly felt sick to my stomach a little bit and was not feeling well. The last thing I remember was leaning over the sink and trying to breathe deeply. The next thing I remember is Tyler saying, "Come here. Come here." I guess I passed out. He heard me fall and came in to find me shaking, sweating profusely, moaning and making weird sounds, and throwing up (just once). So scary!!! We spent the next hour and a half debating whether or not we should go to the ER to make sure everything was okay. Tyler gave me a blessing and I felt better except for I was exhausted and my glands were still killing me. So we stayed home and I think Tyler is going to take me into an Insta-care or something today. Anyway, so if anyone takes Spice of Life (many of my family members do), follow the directions since I'm pretty sure that's what made all that happen. I've been taking that stuff for over a year and haven't had one problem. I'm pretty sure it's because I didn't follow directions. It seems like a very drastic reaction though to something I've been taking for a long time when I have a cold. Who knows! Anyway, hopefully I can get on some medicine for this and get over it before tomorrow! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

tiff,
i'm so sorry to hear all that is going on. i just took spice of life 2 days ago because i felt like i was coming down with something. it did help some, i'm just real tired and am losing my voice but that is nothing compared to a seizure. how are you feeling today? I'll give you a call a little later. love, kate

The Bluths said...

I've never heard of that spice of life before. Interesting.