Thursday, November 15, 2007

Drama at the Dansies

So we've had quite the week at our house. Things like: Crystal Haws (Ryan and Crystal are pretty much our best friends here in Mesa) is being deployed to Iraq, I locked my kids in the car, Cameron went on his first roller coaster ride, etc. Here are a few pics and some explanations.
First, Ryan and Crystal. We started hanging out with them pretty soon after we moved here. They live in our neighborhood and we love them! They watch our kids regularly, we do dinner together almost weekly, sit together at church, hang out at each other's houses on the weekends for hours, etc. Well Crystal has been in the army for 6 years and has 6 years left. She is being deployed to Iraq. She leaves right after Thanksgiving to start all of her training before she goes. So we have spent almost every day with them this week. We are going to miss her and I'm sure we'll pretty much adopt Ryan while she's gone (for a year).

This is the picture we took just after the most dramatic experience I've had yet with my kids. I accidentally locked my kids in the car the other morning. I had hit the lock button on my keyless entry and didn't realize it. Threw the keys in the front seat after I buckled the kids in and shut the back door to run in and grab another bottle of water. Well, long story short, 5 firemen came and it took them 30 minutes to get my kids out!!! What kind of fire department takes that long???? Isaac was screaming the entire time, and Cameron just kept yelling, "Mom! You locked me in! Let me out!" while kicking the window. The lock on the side of the door wouldn't budge since I had locked it with my "alarm" button. You had to hit the unlock button on the keyless entry... no other way besides manually lifting the actual lock. So, after 30 minutes, and Tyler on his way with a friend to use his set of keys to get them out (he was at school taking finals), the firemen were finally successful and my sweaty 10 month old Isaac and yelling Cameron were out! What a pain! Here's my rescue crew, besides the firemen.

I came home from Enrichment night on Tuesday to this. He's been sleeping in it ever since!

My baby is climbing dangit!

One last outing to our favorite place to go with Ryan and Crystal- Red Robin! YUM!



I still can't figure out how he fit in there!

A few weeks ago, Tyler's school had their "Founders Day" at Schneff Farms. It was so fun! Cameron loved the rides- so much that he rode the Roller Coaster four times!


Ew. I found him biting his toenails a few days ago! Who does that? (Besides me as a child!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that was a crazy week. Cam tell's it all in that pic of the rescuers. He is so funny, I love his tent on his bed. Him biting his toenails, not so much! That is sad that Crystal is leaving, I hate when you have to say goodbye to close ones!

Matt said...

Ohh my goodness, is Cameron asleep in the last picture? Could cameron not unbuckle himself? wow! what an eventful week. Sorry about Crystal but i am so excited to see you for Thanksgiving. Don't forget the temple recommends!!!

Lacey said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend having to go... that is so sad! I am also sorry about the whole "locking car" issue, I know that I am bound to do that one day too, I think about it every time I put cade in the car. However, I have to say that the picture that you took after is priceless, I love Cameron's expression and body language, it is great! haha.

MikeG Family said...

Oh I'm so sorry that you locked your kids in the car, too! It was tramatic for me, and luckily my baby was asleep and it wasn't hot outside. It's a sickening thing to go through, and I'm glad everyone made it out okay! The "after" picture is so dang cute, by the way!

Kim said...

That is so sad about locking them in the car! I would have been hysterical. Poor Cam he totally knew what was going on and little Isaac. Such cute pictures and sad to have a friend leaving I hate that!

The Bluths said...

I love Cameron's comment to you in the car, it made me laugh. Is that tent on his bed from IKEA? We are thinking of getting one for Logan for Christmas.