
I need some help... we will be celebrating my hot husband's 26th birthday on the 30th of September. I always have such a hard time with gifts. I am so NOT creative, but really want to be. I would love to make something for him or come up with a really meaningful gift. I hate just buying things like clothes, shoes, blah, blah, blah. I really want to make it personal and meaningful. Tyler loves getting gifts, so it makes it more fun. But I'm usually just so stressed out about what to give him, that it's not fun at all for me. So I need some advice... any good gift ideas that actually mean something? Something I can make? Something cute I can do? Where should I take him? What do I do that day? (or the day before since it's on Sunday). Please, any advice is welcomed! Either leave a comment or email me! tiffanydansie@gmail.com (ps. i wish i could do some sort of "giveaway" for whomever's idea i choose, but i have nothing cool that i've made to give... obviously, since i'm having to do this post for creativitiy ideas! sorry! but please give me your ideas instead. i'll be very grateful!)

7 comments:
Ooh, that's a hard one. I can never think of something to make for my husband... I'll get back to you when I do!
I feel like I would have to know your husband better to offer any useful advice. I'm not creative either. The best I think I've come up with is I gave my husband a toolbox for Christmas one year. I thought it was a genius idea because he's really into that kind of stuff and now if I ever don't have an idea, I can just get him a tool to put in his tool box (and probably to use as well).
Take a strip class and perform a little "recital" for him....you could get a "costume" and everything...how fun! haha Ty would love it!
This has always been a struggle of mine too. Each year, when I feel like i've done something cool, I feel like I have to top it the next year. So this past year I booked us a day at the spa where we got couples massaged and pedicure. Then we went to dinner and to a themed hotel. The year before I sent him on a scavenger hunt to all his favorite places and had a gift and another clue at each place. Then at the last place, which was the place where he purposed, I had a picnic dinner set up. I guess it just depends on how much time and money you want to spend! Hope I was helpful!
Hi Tiffany. I am a lurker. Hope you don't mind. I think your boys are so cute and I enjoy your sense of humor.
Here is an idea that I did for my hubby for our anniversary this year. I thought about all our memories that we have made so far. I typed them up, cut them into strips (each memory on a strip) folded them up, and put them into balloons. I made his favorite dessert and after the kids went to bed he got to pop the balloons and read all of the memories and eat a yummy treat. It was really fun. It took us hours cause we ended up talking about all the good times and remembering more. You could also do it about the characteristics that you love about him. I also printed the memories out so that we would have them to keep to read later.
VERY cheap but so fun.
Hope you figure something out! Good luck!
I got Zack this book called 'I Like You" you can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/I-Like-You-Sandol-Stoddard/dp/0395071763/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-1498011-0459021?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189702195&sr=8-2
and then wrote in the front cover the reasons I liked him. Also I got him a bunch of fun things like good shaving cream, new face lotion just some pamper stuff because guys don't usually get that kind of stuff or buy it for themselves. Or you could get him a golf pass somewhere and go ride in the cart with him? Doesn't he like golf? Maybe you could rent some mountain bikes and take a ride in the mountains? Or go for a picnic in the mountains for dinner? I don't know it's always such a hard thing! I can't believe Tyler is going to be 26!!!!!
he he he... I am still giggling over Katie's comment. We all know what Preston will be getting for his birthday... :-) Good luck with this one- I am such a slacker in the birthday department. This year I just gave up and got him golf clubs!
Post a Comment