Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The long awaited post

So I'm finally taking the time to post some of our pictures from Utah. We are still here. Are we surviving? Yes, barely! I am ready to go home and Cameron told me today that he wanted to go home to Mesa. It's definitely fun to visit, but after being here almost a month, I'm ready to be in our little 900 sq. foot home again, even if it's 115 degrees in Phoenix! We miss home and look forward to getting there, but have had tons of fun here. These pictures are in random order- actually pretty much backwards... but here we go!
Isaac and I at my parents house in Alpine, UT (just about 1/2 hour south of Salt Lake)

This is one of Cam's favorite places at the Dansie house- the front porch chair. I couldn't find him one day and upon searching for him found him out there all alone- just hanging out.

Neices, nephew, and sister in law (all on Tyler's side) Noah, Olivia, Staci, Chloe

Ohhh cute Chloe! She's one of a kind! No Stace, I didn't give it to her! She grabbed it all on her own- seriously!


Yay for Alicia's visit! It was more than fun to have her around for several days. We had some great times- Park City shopping, Cafe Rio, Gardner Village- I love you Al!

For old times sake- we all grew up in the same ward in Michigan... then Heather (my unofficial twin sister) and Alicia lived together at Ricks, and then I lived with Alicia at Ricks and have stayed in close contact ever since!

Heather's husband, Doug, and little Isaac.

These shoes have a story! My little brother came home from his mission to Brazil with these lovely frocks! He wears them everywhere unfortanutely! We all think they are ghastly ugly, and I think he does too... but you know mission stuff... I guess they wear it anyway. I had to get a snapshot of these things before I burn them.

My aunt and uncle that live in Vegas adopted these two boys, Andy and Shawn from Taiwan back in October. Since Tyler served his mission there and speaks Mandarin, he went back with them to pick up the boys and to translate and be their tour guide. They all came up for my brother's homecoming talk. It was fun to meet them. They did not want me taking pictures of them. But I got a few.

Thought these were so cute... my dad's parents have an apartment in my parent's basement... they just moved in full-time a few months ago from St. George. Well, Cameron had been down with my grandma and they came outside with their mugs full of ice water. It was so cute.




So we had a family reunion with my immediate family a few weeks ago. Our reunion included a trip to Seven Peaks water park and our own homemade water slide in my Mom and Dad's backyard. My Dad was certainly glad we all had fun since it completely killed the grass. Here's Cam after a trip down the slide.

Cam on the way down.

Getting the water out of his ear I'm guessing.

My brother David and Isaac.

Andy and Shawn again.

This was the result of spending 6 hours at Seven Peaks... completely wrinkled feet and hands... Cam was in heaven!



Ty and I


Our reunion with my brother, David.

The gang that met him at the airport. Love you Dave!

Ty and Cam playing at Seven Peaks

Cameron and his cousin Derek (my side of the fam) at Seven Peaks

My sister Heather and I... she's fabulous!

That's all for now... sorry it's so unorganized. I really didn't feel like taking a lot of time, obviously! I'll keep posts coming as I have something to post about!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Hooray for finding your camera cord!

Our Family said...

I am glad we can look on your blog now. Since there was not alot of posts, I didn't look on you blog as much. I am so glad you found your camera cord. -Emmeli

Lacey said...

Fun, fun, fun! It looks like you have had a wonderful time with your family!! I am so glad that you have had a blast and I am sure you are so glad that you get to go back to your own bed soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff...what ws the video that you workout to? Staci was telling me about it and I want it!

Tiffany said...

A few things. I can't believe how grown-up David looks. I still remember him as a 10-year old boy. Second, I have to agree that I love the Post-Natal Boot Camp. I just started it about a month ago and I'm a fan!

Patti Price said...

great pics! Looks like you guys are having a blast. We miss you in Mesa. Emmalee keeps asking where Cameron is every sunday, lol.

Camille said...

WOW! That is a lot of pictures! Thanks for posting them, it is so fun to see! (I love pictures, no secret there!) Looks like you have had a ton of fun with your family, and I am so happy you have been out of the scorching desert heat, if only we could all be so lucky! Have a good one!

Alli said...

Sounds (and looks) like you had so much fun in Utah but I agree it is so nice to be back in your own space. I went to Europe earlier this summer and I really enjoyed it, but couldn't wait to be back in my own bed, not living out of a suitcase.

Kim said...

Those are fun pictures. I can't believe that huge slide, I want a turn! Even though you're ready to go we"ll be sad to see you leave.

Shantay* said...

oh I loved this post! I love your family and miss them like crazy...im kind of bummed you all didn't make your way up to idaho to see me.. ha ha as if that entire crew would drive all the way up here just to see me! Anyway looks like you guys had a blast, tell your family hi for me, and Tiff you look awesome!

Kimra ra ra ra said...

Hi Tiff,

It was great to talk to you yesterday. I made my blog for people I know only so send me your email address at kcastleton@hotmail.com so I can add you. Also, will you ask fitness woman if the DVDs are sold anywhere around here in St. Louis so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping? Staci said she's from here...THANKS. Kimra