Sunday, June 10, 2007

Old People Suck

It happened again. Yes, the whole mall escapade happened again. Cameron was throwing a major tantrum because he wanted to get out of the cart. I had to strap him in since he was trying to escape and kept standing up. Screaming, kicking, yelling, crying- ALL OVER AGAIN IN PUBLIC... this time in Target! So I was in the shoe section and Tyler had run to return something back to another part of the store when another old woman decided she wanted to butt into my parenting life! She rode up in her little Target cart and this is how our little convo. went...
Old lady: "Will you PLEASE do something? He is really bothering me!"
Helpless Mother: "Well, don't you think he's bothering me too?"
Old lady: "Well, do something about it! Calm him down!"
Helpless Mother: "I've tried. He won't stop and I've tried everything I can think of."
Old lady: "Well, then take him outside!!!"
Helpless Mother: "No. I'm not taking him outside. You can go outside if you'd like."
Old lady: "OHHH NO! Absolutely not! I am not going to bother other customers!"
Helpless Mother: "Well, I'm not taking him outside." (It was 100+ degrees outside and I was not about to cater to her). Go somewhere else if it's bothering you that badly."
Old lady: "NO! I'm not going to bother other customers." (Yeah. I'm not sure how that statement applied either) If you don't take him outside, I'm going to call the store manager."
Helpless Mother: "Okay. What are they going to do? Kick me out of Target because my kid is crying?"
Old lady: "Yes!"
Helpless Mother: laughs and says, "Okay. Thanks for your help!"
The old lady then proceeds to call for the manager and then sits there about 15 feet away, waiting for someone to come talk to me. I looked at her and said, "Go away! Go to another part of the store!"
By now, Tyler was back and I was crying. A few Target employees just asked us if everything was okay. Tyler said yeah and just that our son was throwing a tantrum. Episode over.
AHHHH! I couldn't believe it! A total of three old ladies butting into my parenting life within a week's period of time. Again, I'm trying to figure out what to say next time, since I'm sure there will be one! So that's the end of that story....

Here are some pics of the past week... enjoy!

What a darling my little Isaac is! He has been slightly fussy lately, but I'm still madly in love!

This is the reason I do Postnatal Bootcamp when Cameron is asleep! He loves to exercise with me. Thought this was cute!


I had to post a few of one of my favorite little boys, Preston Hilton. What a cutie! He spends lots of time around us as his mom and I have become great friends since we moved here. He's such a fun little guy. He attempted to sit in Cameron's doll stroller.


And here is Cam and Preston. Such good little friends even though they are more than a year apart. Well, Preston is just really nice to still come over time and time again even after getting beat up by Cameron. He's been hit several times, kicked in the face, pushed, sat on, and much more to come, I'm sure! We're going to miss them when they move out of our neighborhood.

9 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Sounds like you need to move to Minnesota! I haven't had any cranky ladies bug me--must be a Mesa thing! :)

Christine said...

Oh that is so sad! I'm so sorry that happened again. I do like the way you handled it though :D. Haha. Just keep doing your best and no old annoying lady can tell you that you could do better. She's just jealous because you have adorable children! Ha. Love ya!

Patti Price said...

I am sorry. Old people totally forget how hard it is to have young children. Don't feel bad, you handled it great and everybody's kids have those moments. Old people (as you said) Suck!

{B}dreamy said...

Wow, check out those gorgeous gams of yours!!! And I'm sorry about yet another grouchy old fart. I don't know what I would do...

PS- I haven't had the Cashew Cookie Larabar! But my favorite is the Cherry Pie, then the Pecan Pie. Mmmmm. But I love the Apple Pie and the old school Chocolate/Coconut one, too. They're all soooo good! Oh, and I HIGHLY recommend a Vita-Mix! :)

Clarissa Meegan said...

Wow. I admire your guts for standing up to her. I think that she was way out of turn though...I think that old people do forget how hard it is to have kids...and I'm guessing that this lady probably didn't have any at all and thinks if she did her kids would have been angels or was a slave driver mom back in the day. Hope you don't run into any more!

Lacey said...

I still just cannot believe that lady! I am very impressed with you though, it isnt always easy to stand up in a difficult situation like that. Teach her to mess with a mom! Nice work and I love the pictures of Cameron working out with you...priceless!

Kim said...

I CANNOT believe that lady, what a jerk, I would have been so mad, I was getting mad just reading it.

Anonymous said...

Next time I would come prepared with a bottle full of talcum powder and I would throw it on their head and see how they like it?...

Rebecca E. said...

Hey, I was surprised to get your comment on my blog because I'm still kind of working on getting it up and going. But I actually saw Shantay's blog on your website and I haven't talked to her in forever, so I had to send her a little note. But I'm glad you found me on your own. I've been horrible about getting pictures out and when I discovered the blog I thought, aww... yes this will be much easier to post pictures here than email. So anyway, I've visited your blog a few times and you seem like your doing great, besides all the old people giving you a hard time:). Anyway keep in touch and take care.