







So a quick version of the adventure at the mall. I had a later appointment (way too close to nap time). After the pictures were taken (which wasn't that great of an experience anyway), we had to wait about 15 minutes, so we took Cameron upstairs to ride the carousel. Well, a huge tantrum started because he didn't ride the horses (only because he didn't want to and then when we were leaving, he suddenly wanted to). That was the end of our somewhat fun excursion. Cameron threw the biggest tantrum I have ever seen anyone throw. We were trying to get back downstairs to pick out our pictures (my, my friend Alison and her little boy Preston, Isaac, and Cameron dragging behind). He was rolling on the floor screaming his head off. I tried talking and reasoning with him, but he screamed and cried and I couldn't even hold him becaue he was flailing his body all around and kicking (I had a stroller to push and so did my friend). So we made it to JC Penny but we still had to get downstairs. The elevator was broken and we couldn't take strollers on the escalator with Cameron, the way he was acting. So we just resorted to letting him scream it out (by this point, it had been like 20 minutes or so of straight screaming and if you've ever heard Cameron cry, he is NOT quiet)! We felt so hopeless because we had tried EVERYTHING! And I couldn't leave, because I had a coupon for the pictures and if I didn't use it right then, the pictures would have been like four times the price! Anyway, I ended up having two old cranky ladies tell me that I needed to get him out of there or shut him up because one of them had some anneurysm and it was "just killing her." They were all mad at me because I was letting him scream. After having a not very nice discussion with both of them, my friend told me she'd watch Isaac and I took Cameron out of the doors (just in between the two sets of doors that go outside), and we both sat there bawling. He was still rolling all over going crazy. Finally, there was one Christ-like man that came to help calm Cameron down. By this point, it had been probably 40 minutes before he stopped freaking out! AHH! Anyway, I got him home eventually, and he threw the same tantrum when I tried to put him in bed (he had fallen asleep on the way home and woke up and didn't want to go to bed). It was a miserable experience! I will never do it without Tyler again! I'm just glad both kids came out alive (with Isaac being pushed over by Cameron during the photo shoot several times and Cameron acting crazy during and after the photo shoot). Anyway, that wasn't too short, but I tried... I'm trying not to have bitter feelings toward the anneurym lady. She wasn't nice and neither was the other old lady. Oh well! Look at the cute pics we got from that horrendous event though!

8 comments:
I just realized I can comment and just put it under anonymous. I think Chloe is heading down the same path as Cam. What I have to look forward too. Their genes must come from Tylers outrageous temper! Those pics are so cute. Tell that old lady she needs to babysit for a week straight!
oh my goodness what am I in for? That sounds awful I can't imagine. So lame that those ladies would dare say something to you as if you were liking the whole experience in the first place. I'm glad all of you came out alive.
Tiffany,
I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be your Visiting Teacher when we we were in Bishop Kerbs or Bishop Thomas' ward(2003-2004 Rexburg)Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your boys are ADORABLE!! VERY CUTE PICTURES!! It was crazy that I found your blog...
Well, come and check mine out when you get a chance! katienluke.blogspot.com
Take Care,
Katie Kirkham
::sigh:: I am so sorry to hear about your mall fiasco. And I am even more sorry about the mean old lady... sometimes people just forget how difficult toddlers can be. I feel your pain though, Cade is starting to realize that he is almost 2 and has his own opinion, not fun for the mommy! For what it is worth though I think your little Cam is so cute, he just melts my heart.
I am so sorry Tiffany. I have so been there and it isn't fun. As for the old ladies, that makes me so mad. I had an old lady make a comment to me once and it made me so dang mad. It is very hard not to hold a grudge. I hope your days have been better since then. I may see you tomorrow if I can get all 3 kids out the door intime for play group, lol.
Oh and Issac and Cameron look so cute in their pics!!
Well, those are certainly cute pictures! But I'm curious about the Christ-like man. What did he do? And I'm curious as to what you said to those ladies! Goodness.
Oh man, that makes me a bit nervous for the future! Your a champ for sticking it out though--and hey the pictures are dang cute...i love the one with isaac all posed on cams back... priceless!
Post a Comment