I think most people are aware that I am a huge exercise fan. Well, after I had my first baby, Cameron, I tried desperately to lose my baby weight. 18 months after he was born, I still had 10 lbs left to lose and was pregnant with my second, Isaac. So with Isaac, I was super careful with what I ate and only gained about 16 lbs. (I think I ate more with Cameron just because everyone told me to.. you only need about 300 extra calories per day when you're pregnant- that's only like 2 apples). So, I only ate when I was hungry and ate very healthy during my second pregnancy. My highest weight with Isaac was 144 lbs. Two weeks after he was born, I was at 128 and 4 weeks later, I was at 123. Well, two days ago, I took the plunge and weighed myself, AND..... 117!!!! I was ECSTATIC! Now, let me tell you my secrets....
I run about 4 miles, 5 mornings per week. Then, three times per week, I do LINDSAY BRIN'S POSTNATAL BOOTCAMP DVD! I'm telling you, this has made the difference for me! I also haven't had any sweets, candy, or chocolate for about 4 months, and I eat super super healthy. (I'm also very careful not to get much added sugar from foods they add it to- which is pretty much EVERYTHING! READ YOUR LABELS!) So let me tell you about this DVD I do...
It is basically interval training. You switch off doing exercises for cardio and toning. There are 6 different, 3 minute core workouts (work your abs and back), and 10 different, 10 minute intervals. The idea is, you do however much you have time for. She recommends doing her 3 minute warm-up and 3 minute cool-down, and in between doing 1-2 of the core workouts and 1-3 of the interval workouts. So you can have your workout done in as little as 18 minutes! Now the key is, changing the workout. You're supposed to change the intervals and core workouts you are doing often. It's super intense and hard, but you finish quickly. Now, the best part is, she has designed a 12-week program on the DVD. So, she has decided for you which core workouts and which interval workouts to do, and it changes each week. She adds more and more as the weeks go by, so eventually, you're doing more like a 40 minute workout. Now, I HIGHLY recommend this DVD! I never get bored, my body never gets used to the same motion (running, walking, eliptical) because the workouts are always changing on the 12 week program. I am on week 6 this week and have been able to tell a major difference, not only in just weight, by my pants are getting HUGE on me! I am losing inches! I am so excited! Want to hear another great perk? She has designed 3 other DVD's to do during pregnancy... each split up into trimesters. I will definitely be purchasing those in the future when I am prego with another baby. What great gift ideas for all you men out there who are reading this! Your wives will love you! You can buy the boxed set of all four DVD's (the three prenatal discs and the postnatal bootcamp) for $59.95 on www.momsintofitness.com or you can buy them all separately. Each of the prenatal DVD's are only $17.95 and right now, the bootcamp DVD is only $19.95, normally $24.95. Not a bad deal!!! Especially when IT WORKS! Anyway, check out her website, again, at www.momsintofitness.com I have been emailing back and forth with Lindsay and she is great! She really cares about people and helping with sucess. Check out her bio here. She's got some amazing training and credentials! Lindsay's Bio and Credentials
Pumpkin Curry Soup
12 years ago

5 comments:
Thanks for the tip. I can't fit into any of my old clothes and am getting pretty frustrated every morning when I go to the closet. Maybe Lindsay could really get me into shape...hmm...
Oh I wish I had the money to get these right now. I want that third trimester and postnatal one. I just read about them and they seem great. Maybe Zack will want to buy me a Mother's Day gift this year.
Good for you!! Isnt it just the best feeling to step onto the scale and actually see a number that you want to see!? Way to go...it is a lot of hard work but you have done awesome!
Haha, you're nuts! But in a good way, of course! ;) Congratulations and I'm sure you look great!
It was weird because before I was pregnant I was in the healthy BMI range, but as soon as I was prego, all of a sudden I was under! So all the docs kept prodding me to gain lots of weight, telling me to gain like 35 pounds, etc. I didn't gain anything until my second trimester and then it was like boom! 2 pounds a week! When Will was born I had gained 40 pounds and topped out at 150! Crazy.
It took me a whole year and a half to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. But I wasn't as hard core or as strict as you! And shoot, it's only been three months for you since baby! I've just focused on eating right (since I'm more of a nutrition nut than an exercise nut... you should ask me sometime about my men vs. women theory) and doing what you might consider light activity, such as walking three miles a day and then yoga three times a week (when I'm being good).
We're not pregnant yet, and I'm not entirely sure as to when we will start trying, but probably pretty soon. But I'm dying because I want to get in shape and to be healthy before #2 because in my mind, it can only go down hill! To me, it's not just about the weight. I'm at my pre-weight and all of my clothes fit great (even my high school jeans)! But I'm a huge advocate of being healthy so the baby will be healthy. And I know that NOW is the time to develop those habits so it's easier to keep it up during the pregnancy and then especially to follow up with after the pregnancy.
Especially if you have a c-sec. I had to almost re-learn how to walk, so running was out of the question. Same with sit ups. Pretty freaky feeling not being able to sit up in bed...
Anyway, once again, long enough comment?!?!?! Sheesh Beth...
We are really liking Arizona! I am sad that we will only be here until September. I would love to come back and live here for good. I looked at that website with the DVD's and they seem awesome. When we start having kids I will have to buy those, cause I don't want to loose my pre-prego body. I know I will gain some weight, but will want to get it off ASAP!!
Post a Comment