Monday, March 26, 2007

Tribute to a Best Friend


This is the girl I call my best friend (other than Tyler of course). I met Alicia Bishopp (now Alicia Spencer) when I was about 13 years old when I moved to Michigan. We were friends in Michigan through high school, but became great friends when we were roommates at Ricks College in January of 2002. She is the kind of person I could talk to for hours on end and never run out of anything to say! I realized how much I miss her when Ty and I were watching our wedding video last night (there is a picture of Alicia, Luke, and I at their wedding). I've made some good friends since Alicia, but no one compares to her. There is nothing like getting together with a long-time friend and talking about the fun times of the past. Making new friends if fun, but just not the same. She is a great girl and I can't wait to see her again. I wish on a regular basis that she lived close again and we could get together and just talk! She is awesome! Thanks for the fun memories and for still being a best friend to me. Love ya Al!

Here are a few fun memories I have of Al... she might be the only one that gets them
* Making pillowcases all night long for our boyfriends
* Staying up super late and talking, talking, and talking
* Talking about boys and our issues with them
* Brian Nelson (blah blah blah)
* Stevie Wonder
* Decisions, decisions (Luke)
* Staying at her house when I flew back for Prom in Michigan
* Mel's bra on my head and dressing up to get some laughs
* A date or two with Steve Webb and Luke
* Talking about how to kiss
* Ricks Intramural games (basketball and football mainly to watch Luke and Steve)
* Working out
* Finding a "prime" parking spot
* Talking about Luke all of the time!
* Breakfast at OHOP with your dad in MI
* Singing at your wedding
* Discussions about "you know what!"
* Baby questions and answers
* "Tell me a story!" for you to fall asleep to
Gotta love Alicia! (aka Buela)

5 comments:

Spencer Family said...

You are too funny! Thanks for making me feel good about myself. I am going to print that off and save it for when I am having a bad day. Then I will look at it and remember my BFF Barbara loves me! You forgot the story about how I told you you were going to look so good when you got your braces off--hahaha.
I ordered my Bootcamp dvd and the code did work. After shipping it was $22.00--not bad. Thanks for the tribute. It made my day :)

Tiffany said...

Is making a comment on my own blog allowed? Al- I also forgot about laying in Tanya's bed with underwear and a tanktop on! Come visit!

Spencer Family said...

Oh my goodness-haha! Where is Tanya these days?! I bet American Airlines flies direct from Phoenix to MN--you should come visit!

Lacey said...

Well, first of all I must say that there is nothing like a life long best friend and she sounds great! So, the truth is that I also look at your blog on a regular basis,hehe, never knew you had another blogging friend, did you? I am glad to have you as mine and look forward to now commenting on your blog.

Spencer Family said...

Okay you really gotta post something new like a picture of your boys or your red face after running your suicide run--something, anything! Even my own sister said she wanted to puke when she read all the nice things you had to say about me. I keep watching my mailbox for my new workout video. The weather was so lousy today that I couldn't go exercise and it would have been so nice to pop in the bootcamp. P.S. we got an offer on our house tonight!