Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The "Infamous 100"


I suggested to Tyler the other day to make a list of the "Infamous 100" about himself, to which he quickly replied, "Nah. I don't think I know 100 things about myself!" Tyler is a quiet and shy guy, so I'm doing it for him... we'll see if I can make it to 100. So here you go... get to know my amazing husband a little bit better!

1. He grew up in Salt Lake City (Cottonwood Heights to be exact)
2. Ty is the youngest in his family
3. He is also the only boy in the family, other than his Dad of course
4. He has five older sisters
5. Before his mission he had lived in a grand total of 3 houses... they happened to be in the same neighborhood, one of which was a rental house while the other was being built
6. His nickname is Ty (usually family and good friends call him that).
7. He claims he used to be loud and more outgoing when he was younger
8. He is now very quiet
9. Tyler has two best friends, Matt Renlund and Chris Cullimore- both
lived in the same neighborhood as Ty growing up
10. He went to Brighton High School in Cottonwood Heights
11. He was on the Peer Leadership Team in High School
12. When he was younger, his friend Matt had just moved to the neighborhood. During a game of catch, Tyler peed on Matt while Matt was under the deck getting the ball... nice friend huh?
13. He got a 30 on his ACT- smartie pants!
14. He served his mission in Taichung, Taiwan
15. He had several scholarships all during college
16. He graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho in December 2005
17. He majored in Health Science- Public Health, and minored in Chinese
18. He finished his Bachelor's degree in 3 years
19. He only applied to one Phyiscal Thearpy school (the one he's attending)
20. During his interview for PT school, the interviewer told him he could get into any PT program in the country
21. He speaks Mandarin, Chinese
22. Tyler is a really nice guy. I have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about him.
23. He loves the outdoors
24. He went to elementary school at Bella Vista Elementary
25. He loves riding his bike
26. He takes absolutely forever to eat breakfast and it drives his wife nuts!
27. He loves his kids
28. He loves to sleep and needs it!
29. Tyler is probably one of the most humble people I've ever met
30. He's very confident and satisfied with just being himself
31. Tyler HATES being in school debt from PT school! (His tuition is ridiculously expensive- $23,000 per year... oh, and we're living off of loans too since I'm a stay-at-home mom and his doctorate program is more than a full-time job). He is always stressing about how we're going to pay them back and how we can make money "fast" and get rich so we can pay them off.
32. He's very responsible and organized
33. He hates clutter
34. He loves a clean house
35. Tyler loves being in the sun... even the extreme heat of Arizona in August
36. He loves Taiwan
37. He doesn't like tomatoes or water chestnuts
38. He loves Seinfeld
39. He has an obsession with breadmachines lately and wants one really badly!
40. Tyler has a fabulous laugh- he scrunches up his nose when he laughs really hard
41. He loves living in Arizona
42. Enjoys cooking
43. Enjoys working out
44. Likes snowboarding
45. Is way more of a "spender" than his wife!
46. Has more clothes than his wife does.
47. Likes junk food (ice cream, brownies, cookies, other treats.. you name it, he loves it)
48. Prefers Pepsi over all other sodas (sorry Mom)
49. He doesn't like to shower- I have to remind him to do it!
50. Is almost always late!
51. He's not a procrastinator!
52. Tyler is really laid back and relaxed
53. His favorite cake is probably Spice Cake (the one his mom makes)
54. His favorite meal is probably roast
55. He loves PT school
56. He worked at Rigby Furniture for 2 1/2 years while we lived in Rexburg
57. His first job was at the grocery store just by his house (Dan's)
58. Loves the summertime
59. Doesn't like the wind (why did we live in Rexburg for so long?)
60. He has pouty lips while he sleeps... he purses them... it's pretty cute
61. Tyler is affectionate
62. He is very patient
63. He is very forgiving, it just takes a little bit of time
64. He never really gets mad (well he does, but it's not mad like i get mad)
65. He rarely raises his voice (i make up for it)
66. He likes to say, "I don't remember or I don't know" instead of having to really think about the answer to a question I have (usually if he doesn't want to think about it)
67. He gets along with almost everyone (I have yet to meet someone he doesn't get along with)
68. He won't interrupt if he has something to say (so in my family, he doesn't get a word in!) He'll wait for silence (never happens in my family- you've got to put up a fight if you want to say something around my family)
69. He has a good heart with pure desires to do what's right
70. He is really good at praying at night, even if he's super super tired!
71. He's very dedicated to reading scriptures
72. He has a really funny fake laugh
73. He likes nice things
74. He LOVES pizza (pepperoni especially!)
75. He's a very hard worker- his employers LOVE him
76. He had a girlfriend for 2 years in high school
77. He has a receeding hairline but it's been like that since he was tiny.
78. He is the first person in his immediate family to live farther than 3 hours from Salt Lake (he's only the second one to live outside of Utah)
79. He keeps his feelings to himself (but I'm helping him on that one)
80. Ty loves chinese food
81. He wants to open his own PT practice one day
82. He really likes the area of "wound care" in PT
83. Ty likes to lift weights and be buff
84. He is VERY optimistic and has a really positive attitude
85. He believes in himself and knows he can pretty much do anything he wants to
86. He is very knowledgable about most subjects
87. He's short and "stocky"
88. He looks forward to being done with PT school
89. Tyler used to get baby powdered when he was younger (his sister would sprinke baby powder on his head while he was watching basketball on tv- he'd feel something on his hair and run his hands through his hair or hit his head, and powder would go everywhere- kind of like a puff of smoke)
90. He LOVES LOVES LOVES basketball!!!
91. He knows tons about basketball teams in the NBA, players, etc. Seriously, anything you need to know, he knows it!
92. Since we don't have cable, he checks the scores on ESPN.com or NBA.com constantly!
93. His favorite websites are ESPN.com and NBA.com
94. He wants to buy a house really bad, but the homes down here aren't even close to our price range (well, we have no price range since we're living off of school loans)
95. He loves most sports... baseball, football as well as basketball
96. The only time I really hear him yell is during a game-watching session
97. He loves American Idol and The Apprentice
98. He likes to play basketball, not just watch it
99. He has nice legs (his mom and I both think so)
100. He's the best husband I could've asked for!

There you go... I did it! Hopefully you learned something about Tyler... he's a fabulous guy and if you don't know him well, get to know him because knowing him will enrich your life!

4 comments:

The Probert Family said...

Tyler really is a likeable guy. This was fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

Spencer Family said...

#12 is hilarious! Thanks for spilling the beans on Tyler.

Kim said...

I'm impressed you made it to 100 I didn't think I could even do it about myself! Good Job. And that was fun to read about Ty, I really didn't know that he worked at Dans? Why can't I remember that? Sorry Ty. And I didn't realize he got a 30 on the SATs what happened to me? I guess he got all my smarts too. And that baby powder thing never gets old! ha! What a cute little brother! I miss you guys. thanks for sharing Tiff.

{B}dreamy said...

Nice meeting you Tyler!

I've been thinking about forcing Brad to do this, too! Especially since I'm the only one who writes on our family blog... I start to sound so self absorbed, I hate it! But since he's so busy, which is why he doesn't write, I will probably have to do this for him, too!