Thursday, July 01, 2010

and the verdict is...

we're going to even things out around here and are scoring another baby girl! i am still in a state of shock. when the tech said it was a girl, i kept saying, "are you sure? are you serious? what if it's hiding?" his response was, "well, if it is a boy, he isn't going to have any bragging rights. that will be the smallest penis i've ever seen." we couldn't stop laughing. but i'm still afraid it's going to come out a boy. but that's how i was with macey too my entire pregnancy. up until she was delivered, and the nurses kept calling her a "he," they finally checked her parts and corrected themselves. i'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat when they kept saying, "he, he, he" after i delivered her.

speaking of skipping beats. our little girl has an irregular heart beat. the doctor isn't too worried about it. but since i have a family history of heart problems (a sister that died at 12 hours old because of heart issues, two nephews that have had to undergo open heart surgery, one of them a few times, and a cousin that had heart issues also, i'm a little bit worried). so i'm going in for an ultrasound with a specialist on the 5th of august to check things out a little bit closer. everything else looked normal on the ultrasound and the heart looked good. the doctor said most of the time, this type of thing corrects itself and just goes away. so we're hopeful for that kind of outcome.

now onto picking a name for this baby. wish us luck! ideas are welcome.

17 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Yay!!! Sorry I stopped IM'ing my mil called on the phone and I got distracted. I'm so excited for you guys. Another girl will be so fun!

The Bluths said...

That's awesome (about having another girl, not about the heart). Names are the hardest part and for some reason I find girl names harder than boy names. I knew and English girl up at school named Gemma, and I've always liked that name, but Ethan didn't so I was vetoed.

Valerie: said...

OMG I knew it, i knew it! How exciting. I hope her heart beat is ok and there wont be complications. Keep me posted!!

Valerie: said...

oh i forgot to mention..go with the name Reese like you were thinking about for Macey. that would be cute. Do not pick Brooklyn cause that is what I am naming my babe if its a girl I think!!

Katie said...

awesome news! I am so happy for you! What "type" of namer are you..more traditional, way out there, etc..

Michele said...

That will be fun to have 2 boys and 2 girls. Congrats!

JACI said...

Congratulations!!! ANOTHER GIRL!! FUN!!! :)
So exciting!

mckenna said...

Congratulations!! That's such exciting news!! And as for that baby girl, just know we've added her to our prayers.

Creel Family said...

Congrats! Let us know how the heart thing turns out. I'm sure the girl thing will work out, I'd be scared though too! As far as names go, we like Kennedy and Brooklyn...if I think of more I'll pass em along : )

Jones Family said...

Congratulations! What could be more perfect than two boys and two girls?! I hope everything turns out okay with her heart. I bet it will. My ultrasound tech with Makenna told me she had webbed feet and hands. When I switched doctors, they thought that was so funny because they said you could very clearly tell she did not and she didnt!

Unknown said...

Hope you arrived to Utah safely! I like the name Vivienne for a girl and call her Vivvi. I think Gwen is cute too but I have kinda weird taste oh and also Jillian.

Tara Fischbeck said...

Congratulations!!! How fun for you guys to have another little girl! I guess you could have Reece now that you are living in WA!! Keep us posted on the heart beat.

Audie said...

Congrats on another girl!! Keep us posted on your follow up ultrasound!

Jodee Luke said...

that is really exciting! i hope everything continues to go well!

overtonmom said...

Congrats girlie, how wonderful another little girl.. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

alison hilton said...

Congrats on the girl!! That will be so much fun for Macey! We just found out we are having another boy. We are excited, but we were definitely suprised. Any name ideas? I've already had to use three boys names and I am out of ideas. We can't even get a top five list started for this one!

Melissa said...

Congrats! I love the name Lydia.