think i'll be able to convince him? don't think so. oh wait. i know so! i felt so mean, running after him taking pictures while he screamed and i laughed. hilarious!
and see this little petunia... (are you sure she's part of our family? cause i swear her and tamra (one of cam's nicknames) are twins that were separated at birth and she's just way small for a 5 year old.
forgot to tell you she's walking... a lot!
nice trash can and banana peel on the floor in the back huh? nope. i'm not one to get everything all perfect before i take pictures. and by the way, yes, i do hate halloween... might as well add that when i have the word hate in here twice already. see what the cold does to me? sorry for all you fanatics out there, but i don't sew and paying money for an outfit my kids wear one night is lame (oh wait. cameron is the only one that will wear a costume). and i am not a fan of the mounds of candy they bring home, or spooky things... infact, i do NOT like halloween for this reason alone... the rest is just icing. i am not into scary anything. i am way too sensitive... when i saw the movie the sixth sense when i was younger (which most people do not consider scary), i couldn't sleep for DAYS! and more and more, halloween isn't just a fun holiday for kids to be princesses and cute pirates... it's full of evil costumes, skeletons, dead people, freaky looking things that i don't even like to let my eyes see let alone my children. anyway. we'll still go to the "ward party" thing and i still let my kids go out (i later sift through their baskets and empty 99.9% of it- call me mean). but i dislike this holiday A LOT! i think i'll dress as scrooge saturday night.

12 comments:
wow, don't hold back! hahaha. I heard the best idea ever. my friend lets her kids pick out a few pieces of candy from their buckets and then she freezes the rest. then at christmas time they use the frozen candy to decorate gingerbread houses. I think we'll be doing that this year.
haha tell isaac he is a kid after my own heart. i can't stand halloween! i'm right there with ya. maybe if we ever close to each other after i have kids, we can send our kids out with our husbands, and we can have a gilmore girls night in boycott of the evil holiday. haha i miss you so much. i'm considering moving to washington.
So, I like letting the kids dress up and I don't mind the spooky stuff as much, but I'm totally with you on the candy thing!! So we're trying something new this year. Maybe you'd like this? http://bluecricketdesign.blogspot.com/2009/10/magic-halloween-bag_20.html
I do not like the stuff they get in their halloween buckets either. I will most likely throw most of Kingston's candy away and just give him the halloween candy we are giving away. He is young enough he doesnt notice. I also hate to spend so much money on a costume....in fact, I buy all my kids everyday clothes, a size or two too big so they last longer. Kingston is dressing up as the same thing I got him last year which I got on clearance....haha I am proud of that but I totally get where you are coming from.
I'm sorry but by the end of this post I was laughing hysterically! I can say that I like Halloween but don't LOVE it either. I know so many people that just die over it. I'm one of those people that buys the costume last minute puts out a few decorations but mostly I'm in a bad mood because to me Halloween is the beginning of Winter. Which I hate! At least you don't live in Rexburg where it's winter for 8 months! At least you can be grateful for that! :)
i hate the scary stuff too!! i've hated to be in stores lately because I don't want Quinn to see the scary masks and decorations everywhere. i'm a wuss--i get freaked out way to easily--and you'd think that people would be considerate of people with little tiny kids. why scare tiny kids?? geesh. so i hear ya. (but oh...I have a mega sweet tooth, so I love the candy part) :)
Poor Isaac. I felt cholostrophic (however you spell it) just looking at him. Macey can't be walking so soon. I miss my little buddies so much, and little miss Macey too. I don't even decorate for Halloween any more-I like fall decorations so I can use the same ones for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I now appreciate the toothbrushes Dr. Johnson used to give out. Love and miss you all!!
Wow you just posted and so many comments already!! I must disagree...I think halloween is such a fun holiday...but I do agree it is a lot of work. We ditched trunk or treats tonight...just didn't feel like going...Reece didn't know it was going on. Costumes are a lot of work but they can be fun if you make your own!!
that is a really sad picture of Isaac! Doesn't he know he gets candy if he puts it on? I can't believe Macey is walking she's too little! We miss you guys van keeps asking for Cam and Isaac. Happy Halloween;)
We must be sisters. I was just telling my co-worker how much I hate this holiday. I don't mind dressing up and being creative, but the rest (besides the pumpkin carving, like that) is over-rated and lame. When the babies are old enough to go trick-or-treating, I am going to have them turn in their candy to the Halloween princess who will give them a present under their pillow in exchange!
I saw something on the streets of NY last night which would be yet another thing you'd hate about Halloween! I doubt you're going to run across this, thank goodness! It was a man in platform boots, a leopardskin mini-dress and a curly wig, with his dress hiked up, urinating in the *middle* of the sidewalk, with his girlfriend (in costume) yelling at him/holding him up. Wow, happy Halloween. I also saw a couple, both dressed like cows, and the guy cow kept burping loudly, the girl cow was hysterically laughing at him. What a turn-on. Tonight should only be worse! I'm going to the movies with two friends but I'm sure to get an eyeful on the walk home from the movie theatre!
Poor IZ, he does look super cute in his little costume. That is cute that May is cruising around walking everywhere. Stell is a walking tornado. I could spend all day cleaning up after her. I am sure May is the same. Chloe keeps talking about wanting to send Cam random things in the mail. You may get a random package with random things in the mail from Chlo.
Post a Comment