Friday, May 15, 2009

survival mode

we're barely surviving. i'm exhausted- mentally, emotionally, physically. being a single mom is HARD! i do live with my in-laws, but tylers absence is still noticed. a lot. the kids are being super naughty. not listening. isaac has recently entered the awful stage of hitting, screaming (LOUD), crying over EVERYTHING. cameron has regressed on potty training- BIG TIME! a few weeks after we had been here, he started peeing his pants every few days. it soon progressed to every day. then it went to several times a day. then every time he peed, it was in his pants. then we progressed to the worst thing ever. you guessed it. poop. at first it was once in a while, every few days. the past week has been in his pants, three times per day. EVERY TIME THE KID POOPS, IT'S IN HIS PANTS! UGH! all over. we are to the point where he doesn't even attempt to make it to the bathroom. he poops, pees, and then continues whatever he is doing. he is showering like five times per day. i've had it. i am so tired of cleaning out poopy underwear. it's sick. i'm tired of listening to isaac scream in my face. i'm sick of his demanding, brattiness. i'm sick of him demanding how to fix his sippy cup of milk. (1/2 hemp milk, 1/2 rice milk, a scoop of reliv. and you KNOW he can tell if it's not fixed just like that. and he throws it on the ground and screams if it's not the way he wants it. BRAT!) i'm sick of isaac hitting me and everyone else. i'm sick of cameron NOT LISTENING! i'm sick of not seeing my husband every night and going to bed alone (i've only slept by myself for two nights). i'm a baby. by the time i get all the kids in bed, i am beat. i'm honestly in survival mode. just trying to get through the day, get the kids basic needs met. it's a successful day if everyone is alive. seriously. i know so much of my kids behavior is my fault. but i'm honestly doing the best i can! i'm trying to not give into isaac until he asks nicely and to ignore his crap behavior. i'm trying to not lose patience with cameron when he craps his pants the third time that day. i'm trying to love them and make the best of our situation. but let's be honest. i am so ready for this clinical to be over, for us to be together again, and to have my life back. i am completely in survival mode. i'm barely making it.

13 comments:

Valerie: said...

OH NO Tiff! What is going on!! I swear kids act up when one of the parents are not around and yours are sure testing your buttons. What's up with Cam!! Yikes and it doesn't bother him to sit in poop and pee. That boy. So what do u do for punishment with that? Does tyler's mom and your mom try to help? Issac being naughty. He is my sweet Koala. Hey he had to break down sometime and act like a 2 yr old. I am sure it is a phase. Is he still not eating and only wanting that milk/formula? I would just give it to him as less as possible, unless he really needs it cause it sounds like its like his security bottle. He will have to start eating one of these days if he is not getting that milk and he has to come around and eat normal food heheh Good luck and hang in there. Just ask for help from your family when you need it. hang in there. It will go by fast and Tom will be back

Phil and Becca said...

It must just be a bad week for parents everywhere. I think that I officially lost "mother of the year" award (as if I ever had it anyways). My kids cried/whined ALL day today and so I locked myself in the bathroom. At least they didn't get spanked. I have that to be grateful for. I'm so sorry that you have to do this alone. That just really stinks. I hope this next week goes better for you guys.

Krystal said...

I agree, I think this trend for the kids is flowing like water at the moment.
All kids test their limits and your sound a lot like mine who will test the limit to no end.

Keep your chin up and try to find something to relax to for even just 5 minutes. I have to breath super deep sometimes for a couple of minutes just to compose myself.

You sounds like a great mama and all mama's go through ups and downs. Hang on for the ride and try to chill.

Ashley said...

OH Tiff, I'm sorry to hear the first week didn't go so well. We'll get together for sure next week. I hope your okay. I know in my experiences of being a single mom that it's always the first little bit that is the WORST but then it's uphill from there.

Jessica said...

hang in there! I've in survival mode for a few months except my husband comes home at night...just after the kids are in bed and then he goes straight to bed, so it's not much interaction....but...I saw this book on a friends blog and hearing what she said about it I drove an hour to find it and got it that day and it has just changed me, which has changed my kids. It's called "In praise of stay at home moms" by dr. laura. If you ever find a minute alone, read a page or two. it's given me a whole new perspective and it's been great for me. maybe it might pick you up when you need it. good luck during this clinical...I could never do that, you're one brave woman!

The Bluths said...

Oh man! That really stinks! (literally...) I can't remember how long Tyler is gone for. Do the grandparents help out at all? Are they giving in to the kids? Maybe they could be spoiling them which is making it harder for you?

You should just go to a movie or something by yourself. Get out of the house. I'm sorry you're having a rough time!

mckenna said...

You completely jumped into my life and stole my thoughts, didn't you?! :) I know how you feel. We've done this once before and now we're doing it again. And it's MISERABLE. I hate it. I wish I could say to you, "Just hang on! It'll be over soon! Everything will get better! You're a strong mother and you can do this!" But the truth is, sometimes it's just nice to throw our own tantrum and cry and let our Father know that we don't like it. We'll do it, but we don't like it. That's how I'm feeling this week. Payson is also having accidents and Jack is hitting that darn terrible two's stage, hitting and scratching and biting. It's miserable!! I have cried every day this week. (I'm not normally a crier). But right now it's the only thing I know to do to handle myself. I cry and pray and try not to kill someone/thing. All I know is that it's okay to not like it, too feel bad for ourselves, just so long as we're on our knees. Hopefully this will end quickly. For both of us. :)

Tara Fischbeck said...

Oh honey! I feel your pain. I can't believe Cameran is doing that...I don't think I would be able to handle it either. Reece has definately started being a lot needier now that preschool is out. She is bored out of her mind and I want something besides plying with friends structure in her life. I can't wait till kinder next year.

I love your honesty! I must say I have been in survival mode a bit myself since I have been pregnant. I can't talk myself into wanting to clean, cook, or even be very happy. I am just blah and want to stay in bed. So I feel for you honey.
"THIS TOO SHALL PASS"!!

Chelsea Nicole said...

Aw Tiff I'm sorry!! Hang in there... i don't have kids but i know they can be really difficult! Good luck, we love you!

Joy Bells said...

Tiff, I know you were just here tonight and when I read your bog I just wanted to cry for you. Take one day at a time. You may want to "start over" with potty training Cam - taking him to the bathroom on a regular basis only in you get a few drops or pebbles. You are welcome to come here anytime, and I will be happy to help any way I can. You are such a good Mom, but remember you are only ONE MOM! All you can ask of yourself is to so the best you can each day. Isaac is a little stinker sometimes with an angelic face who is testing your patience level, and you are doing a good job. Don't be too hard on yourself.Motherhood is sooooooooo hard most of the time, but so worth the struggles in the end. This stage of life will come to an end I promise. Just take it a day at a time. Don't look at it as seven more weeks, just tomorrow. You can do it. You are a strong person. Learn to rely on the Lord more and let Him bless and help you through each hour of tomorrow. He is waiting, you just have to ask......
Love, Mom

Katie said...

aahh Tiff you know I love you but welcome to my life, lets face it your just plain spoiled with tyler getting up everyother day with the kids and hand making you crafts...seriously! But I feel your pain, lets have a girls weekend!

Kristin said...

Call me! Isaac does the same thing, peeing and pooping his pants 5 times a day, and he's almost 5! I finally took him to the doctor! I had had it with the laundry- oh the laundry! I am sorry and I TOTALLY feel your pain! Call me or email me and we'll talk!

Jones Family said...

OH poor you! I seriously feel bad. I have only a tiny taste of what you are going through. Kingston is in his terrible two's, not sleeping at night, and doing a bad job at potty training as well, and I am due to give birth very soon. However, none of that even comes close to what you are dealing with. I hope it gets better for you. You need a serious break. Just some time alone for a bit. Good luck!