Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Road Rage

No pictures, but I had to say a few things...

Utah is moving up in the world (and on my list)- I went to Sunflower Farmer's Market today which was a carbon copy of my favorite store in AZ called Sprouts Farmer's Market. Not the same as the Superstition Ranch Market, but comes in close second for cheap produce. Cheap health food, cheap produce, and they have some of my favorite products! Woo Hoo! It just recently opened here and I was in heaven! And guess what? They even carry this...


You've got it right people... Alpine Valley Bread, made in Mesa, Arizona. I was ecstatic even though they only had one flavor and it WASN'T my Honey Whole Wheat. Oh well. It'll have to do for now... until I request the other flavors!

So yes, Utah is moving up on my list, until I think about driving here. If you people think Arizona drivers are bad, OH MY CRAP. You are WRONG! People here are CRAZY! I have been here for like 5 days and have almost been in 4 accidents. And no, none of them my fault... I have yet to be in an accident or get a ticket (knock on wood), but I think it'll probably happen here. People here can't handle another car passing them for some reason. I get over to pass them because they are going too slow and BAM, as soon as I'm about to pass, they look over and see me. I don't know if it's their kids in the back seat screaming, "Mom! Don't let that white van beat us!" Or if it's just the parent mad that someone is actually going the speed limit (or slightly faster). It's quite ridiculous! They don't check their blind spots (yes morons, you check your blind spot, even before you turn on your blinker or move over- that is, if you even know what a blinker is), they don't look to see if anyone is coming as they are pulling out onto a main street from a side road, they don't use blinkers, they can't be passed. They think they rule the road. UGH! Every time I come home from being out, I am complaining about the last accident I was almost in. GO BACK TO DRIVERS ED CRAZY PEOPLE! 

PS. I'm sorry to the ancient old men and women I muttered unkind things to under my breath in Mesa. I didn't think it was possible, but there ARE worse drivers than you out there. They are all in Utah.

9 comments:

Hatch Family said...

Utah drivers are the WORST! I have almost been hit so many times there!! They are not nice drivers! Hope all is well witht he move!

mckenna said...

It's completely true. UT drivers need seriously help!!

Kim said...

I LOVE sunflower market. I wish there was one closer to Kaysville. I only make there occasionally b/c it's just so out of the way. And as far as the driving thing goes...what can I say except for welcome back to Utah!

The Bluths said...

It's been awhile since I looked at your blog. And I hear ya about Utah drivers. They're CRAZY!

I'm on week 7 of the 12 week boot camp workout. Yikes! But I love it. Thanks for recommending it. Arizona misses you!

Valerie: said...

oh wow!! That is great they have that bread for you. I wonder why they only have that one kind. Yes I'd have to agree with the drivers there!! they are HORRIBLE. I remember when I lived in provo and it drove me crazy. i think it was because there were so many students from so many different states living there that they just went retarded when they got behind the wheel. Be careful so you dont get hit.

Jones Family said...

Oh I know about the drivers. I move there this weekend and that is one of the biggest things I am not looking forward to!

Tara Fischbeck said...

LOL you are so cute! I am so glad that you found your Alpine Valley Bread! I am all about it now...it goes pretty quick though. Miss ya!

Jessica said...

isn't fun to find small comforts! haha, I'm talking about the bread, not the utah driving =)

Heather said...

You are a walking testimonial Tiff. Your comments are filled with things you have recommended. You don't hide what you love...I love that about you.

I am with you especially on the Utahns not wanting to get passed by another car. It seems to threaten their dignity or something.