Friday, October 10, 2008

Introducing...



Our nameless baby girl
Born: October 10, 2008
Time: 6:10 AM
Weight: 6 lbs 3 ozs
Height: 20 in

All five of us... weird!

Isaac and baby
Cam was excited. Can you tell?





Doctor Layton who missed the delivery by 5 minutes... yep, the nurses delivered her.
All cleaned up
My awesome nurse who delivered the baby, along with a midwife, and Tyler! I'm sad I missed getting a picture with the midwife. She was fantastic too! They let Tyler catch the baby, which wouldn't have happened if my doc had been there. So amazing.

Crazy... yes, my doctor missed the delivery. I told the nurses I wasn't waiting for him this time if he wasn't there in time- they didn't argue and said I would be able to push whenever I was ready. Well, I did and my doctor was too busy in traffic and brushing his teeth he said. Tyler is thinking he should get paid since he caught the baby, not Dr. Layton.

Quick birth story- I had been having contractions all night Wednesday night, all day Thursday (accompanied by "show"- won't go into detail- if you don't know what it is, look it up). I knew she would probably come within the next day or so. I was up all night Thursday night too with contractions that got closer and closer together. We went into the hospital around 3 AM (thanks Val for staying with our kids, and watching them ALL DAY today- we owe you big). I was dilated to a 5. By 5:30, I was dilated to a 9. By 6, I was pushing, and she was born at 6:10. For those who are curious, I opted out of the epidural a third time. I actually went to a HypnoBirthing class that I loved and it helped tremendously! I was shocked when they checked me and I was a 9- I was so pumped! I was relaxed through the entire labor and delivery (mostly). It was more painful to push (even though she is my smallest baby), but that was because I didn't have an episiotomy and it was much "tighter" down there. But overall, I couldn't have been happier with my labor and delivery- I loved my two nurses that helped me deliver... they were so supportive of my method of birthing and delivery- I loved it! It was an incredible experience... we have to be here until Sunday morning because I had beta-strep again and didn't get both doses of antibiotics- AGAIN. So they have to monitor the baby to make sure she didn't contract it during birth. So there you go... I think Cameron and Tyler are already in love... I sure am. She's darling and we are so excited she joined our family- 7 days early! Yay! PS. I will be sure to let you know when we give her a name.

21 comments:

Patti Price said...

Tiff she is beautiful!!! She looks like a mix between the boys! It almost makes me want another one right now, ha ha. It is so funny how you said you felt like Dr layton would miss the delivery and he did, lol.

I can't wait to meet her!! Let me know if Cam decides to got to preschool next week or not.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your nameless baby girl! She's cute!!! Good luck on naming her!

Rebecca E. said...

I kept checking to see when you'd have her and I'm glad I did at 11pm tonight still checking. I am so excited for you guys... CONGRATS! You'll have so much fun with her and she's already so beautiful just like her mommy. Love you!

{B}dreamy said...

Congratulations! She is so cute, and tiny :) You're seriously an inspiration. *B

Lacey said...

I am so so SO excited for you!! She is absolutely beautiful and you look fantastic, as always! I love how much her daddy and big brothers already adore her! Yeah!! I am seriously just smiling from ear to ear, so excited that she is here! Good luck with the name, that is ALWAYS such a hard part! Props on the birth! When you have a moment, in like a year, you will have to give me your thoughts and details on the hypnobirthing experience, I think I might go that way next time! You are awesome and congrats again!

Reynolds said...

WOW!! 3 kids Tiff!! Way to go:) She is so cute and I think you should name her after your favorite roomate. . . Melanie! By the way my blog is
brettandmel.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well Oct 10th is a good day for baby girl's to arrive...Taycee did 6 years ago today....What a blessing they are! Congrats on your little beauty!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! She is too cute! I can't believe you are already bloggin' after pushin'! That is amazing you can go natural! I am a big fat wimp & love my drugs! Can't wait to hear what name you pick! Love ya tons!

mckenna said...

She's so beautiful!! She looks like her momma. Congratulations!! You look amazing. Don't you L.O.V.E. hypnobirthing? I did it with both kids and LOVE it!! It's my favorite thing ever! I'm so glad things went well. Can't wait to find out baby girl's name. She really is just perfect!! Girls are so much fun!

Unknown said...

I'm still waiting for Ty to call me. Thank goodness for blogs, I was able to catch up on all the details. My mom didn't tell me much because she said Ty wanted to call me, still waiting by my phone.... Sounds like everything went great! Can't believe, well I guess I can, that you went natural again. She is so adorable. I think she looks just like Cam from the pics. I wish I could catch a plane and come and hold her! This baby does not want to come. Not much happening for me. Needless to say, I am jealous of you but am so incredibly happy for you guys. Love ya!

Creel Family said...

Wow! Congrats! Thanks for all the pictures because I can't be there to see her in person. She is adorable! I think she looks like Cam. I am calling you right now! oh, p.s we send our congrats to you guys on the scholarship and good things. Love you guys!

Cassie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I can't wait to see what you guys name her.

Phil and Becca said...

I'm so jealous that you have all your babies early instead of late and 6 lbs. what that would be like! :) Congrats, she is beautiful. Wow 5 in your family. Can you even imagine! That's so fantastic.

Kim said...

I've been back here like a million times, I love her, she is so sweet. Can't wait to meet her in person!

Fabulous Fillmores said...

congrats, she's a beauty!!! so glad you enjoyed the birth as well, that is so wonderful! Your boys looked so cute with her too. Hooray for your family of 5! WOW way to go!

Kim said...

Congratulations Tiffany and family! She looks like she fits perfectly in your little family circle. What a lucky little girl.

Kim L.

Audie said...

Congrats! She's such a pretty little baby! I didn't get epidurals with my girls either. You'll have to let me know about the hypnobirthing class. I should try it with the next!

Jones Family said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby, beautiful family, and what sounded like an amazing delivery!

The Bluths said...

Yeah congrats! She totally looks just like your little guys! So adorable! She is gonna be a heartthrob!

Camille said...

CONGRATS! She is beautiful, and your family looks so great all together! Love that picture of all three kids. Those boys are going to adore her! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Jessica said...

Congrats! She's so pretty...and I love the name Macey too =) That's crazy your DR missed it!! I'm glad everything went well...I love hearing birth stories...i don't know why, but way to go with no epidural, I don't know if I could do that. Let me know how 3 kids goes for ya so I won't be so scared =)