Sunday, September 28, 2008

The day has finally arrived

That's right people. I joined the mini-van moms! After five long years, I finally have a car. We knew we'd need a bigger car once this baby arrived and so we took the plunge and bought a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. Not my first choice (as I really didn't ever want to be part of the mini-van club), but they are so much more economical and logical for us right now. And I love it! It's actually really fun to drive (besides the fact that I feel like I'm 40) and it's a pretty nice car. So hooray for me finally having a car of my own to carpool kids to preschool and run errands on MY OWN TIME AND SCHEDULE! No more taking Tyler to school or scheduling our weeks around each other. What a blessing! (PS. This isn't our actual van. I'm too lazy to go outside and take a pic, but it looks just like it).
On to more important things... the kids. I was watching a friend's little girl last night and she was taking a bath with Cam. Isaac was already bathed and ready for bed when he decided he'd really like the join the other two. I was on the phone and had left for maybe 5 seconds and came back to him, fully dressed, in the tub. 
37 weeks and 2 days that sign says. Cameron took this picture. Hopefully this is my last prego picture on here! I am past the overwhelmed stage (except when I have really rough days) and am really getting excited for this little girl to come. Our only problem is going to be her name. We're still totally undecided and I don't even know if I want to use one of our three names we've talked about for months- Averi, Reese, Macey. We'll see!
And one pic that actually includes my face is nice I guess... usually my sign is in the way. I figure I need the sign with how far along I am incase I ever print out these pics (which I need to) and don't know how many weeks I was.
And this- I keep forgetting to post a pic of our toy box that my talented husband made. Pretty cute huh? Cameron requested a pink toy box and at first, Tyler refused. But Cameron insisted and Tyler gave in since we're going to be adding a girl to our family shortly. Pretty cool isn't it?
So let's hope I have a baby the next time I post anything- I'll let you know, I promise!

12 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Yay for the new car, the toy box, and hopefully soon to make her appearance baby Reese (that's my vote, followed by Macey). I can't wait to see pictures of her. You better teach Cameron how to post pictures now that he has the photography thing down. Good luck girl!!!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

YEAH!!! I can't wait to see your next post!!! fyi- I Love the name Reese, you should choose that one.

Creel Family said...

It was SO good to talk to you last night. I hope I wasn't the reason Isaac got in the tub fully dressed : ) Yay on the van...you totally deserve it and I can't believe you said you feel big because you don't look very pregnant at all. You look great! Can't wait to hear when Macy comes...or whatever name you come up with she comes out. Good luck!

Lacey said...

congrats on the van, I am sure that step will be in our near future too so it is nice to hear that you like it. You look so awesome and I cannot wait to see this little girl of yours!!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you to have some independence, you deserve that after so long w/ out a car! You should just get in your car and drive around for no reason just because you can! I especially love Cam's excitement for the car. Don't have the baby too much sooner than me, I will be too jealous!

mckenna said...

I'm jealous of the mini van!! I wanna be a soccer mom!! :) YOU LOOK SO AWESOME!! I'm completely jealous!! And I LOVE those names! My fave is Reese. Not that it matters! Glad all is well! Can't wait to see that little girt!

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you now have your own car! It's hard to only have one car and I can't believe you've been doing it for so long. I also can't believe you are going to have three kids any day now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Reese and that's my vote! Good luck with everything I can't wait to see her!

Kim said...

I bet Cam is in heaven in your new minivan! I've been waiting for you to post FINALLY! You look tiny for 37 weeks I'm sure you don't feel that way! I can't wait to see this little baby girl I wish I could come down there. Tyler's box is pretty impressive!
Staci was telling me the story about your shower, I can't stop laughing we might have to ichat so I can see these items.

Tiffany said...

Welcome to the minivan club! We've had one for about a year now just because we were offered one from my in-laws at a price we just couldn't pass up. I do drive our car every time I go out alone though, I need some sort of escape from the minivan.

Also, love the picture of Isaac in the bathtub. Unfortunately, we've had that happen too!

Valerie: said...

i still want to know why in the heck our blog is not on your page under your friends list. You are dead meat!!

Our Family said...

i love the pics tiff! you look great and i can't wait to receive the phone call about this little girl! congrats about the mini van too. you'll love it! love, kate

Patti Price said...

that is such a cute toybox!! tyler did a great job!

BTW I have been meaning to tell you how great you look pregnant! You look so fit and healthy! Lucky duck!