Thursday, March 13, 2008

Where we've been...

I wish I could say I've had a really good excuse for not posting in forever... especially since my last post was announcing my prego status. The only excuse I have is that I'm experiencing pregnancy sickness for the first time EVER! Now let me tell you, this has given me so much compassion for women who deal with this every pregnancy! Especially those souls who deal with this all 9 months! All I can say is, that better NOT be me!!!! I would call it morning sickness except for that mine starts at about 9 AM and doesn't end until between 7-10 PM. I don't puke my guts out, but I get really nautious, light headed and dizzy. I hate it. It's driving me nuts to feel like crap every day. The only thing that makes me feel good is exercise (If I can get myself to do it when feeling like I want to throw up. Oh, and if I get enough sleep, it makes a big difference (but that's been hard lately as my kids have been waking up between 5-6 during the past 2-3 months- and Cameron has been waking up every night, two or three times).

I've also never experienced weird eating habits while pregnant... I can't eat ANYTHING that I ate regularly before I got pregnant. WHAT'S WITH THAT????? So random! So pretty much- this pregnancy has not been fun so far (I'm 9 weeks and counting until this sick crap ends- which better be soon!). It's hard enough for me to be pregnant period (because I wasn't ready for this) but to be sick makes it so much worse. So I hand it to you ladies that have ever had any inkling of not feeling good while pregnant. I never experienced it with my first two and am so grateful I was spared of it! But please, pray that it goes away soon!

So here's what we've been up to for the past few weeks...

I found Cam in the bedroom a few weeks ago pretending to be Dad.

And I also found him sitting in this... watching tv.


I love this pic. I had to snap a photo when I saw him sitting like this.

Bath time


Cameron really enjoys dumping water on Isaac's head. Isaac does not enjoy it quite like Cam does.

I don't think Isaac's bum has gotten any bigger since birth.

The kids can hear the garage door open when Tyler gets home from school. Normally, it's Cameron that goes nuts. But today, Isaac crawled over to the door, waiting for him to come in. As soon as he saw Tyler get out of the car, he got the biggest smile on his face. He was giving Tyler kisses through the door (the open mouthed kiss that all kids do until they are 2).


After Tyler finished his this past quarter a few weeks ago, we headed to Utah and surprised our families. I didn't take any pics though- bad I know. But it was fun to see our families... the drive was not fun! The kids did well on the way up (when we did the 12 hour drive in one day). But driving back a week later, they were awful! We even stopped over night in St. George and it was still horrible! Oh well. We won't be doing it again anytime soon, if ever again!

The only other news I can think of is we took Isaac into the Dr. today. He's had a really bad cough and we wanted to make sure he was okay. The Dr. was a little concerned as he's almost 14 months and weighs 16.5 lbs. He is the pickiest eater ever... I'm out of ideas for him... he'll eat something one day really well and two days later, he won't touch it! And he'll only eat like a variety of 10 foods, all of which he stopped eating lately. The Dr. gave us a prescription for PediaSure which I'm really not excited about since sugar is the 3rd ingredient. We'll see... I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. She wasn't really concerned about him or anything, but said it might be a good idea to get him on something to help him grow. She also took into consideration mine and Tyler's size (we didn't tell her that I have a sister that was this small at a year old and a niece also). But she said since he was once on the growth chart and now he's not even on it (that's right, not even in the 1%- he's about 1/2 inch below the line), we might want to think about it. Anyway, we'll see...

8 comments:

mckenna said...

Oh I feel for you! With Payson I was sick the entire first five months. Puking my guts out every day. It was miserable! When I called my mom to see what she had done for her pregnancy sickness she just said, "Um, I got nauseas once but I ate a cracker and was fine!" I wanted to scream. Although with Jack, I felt great! I could eat anything and maybe got a little nauseas once or twice, but not much. So my only thoughts for you are good luck! And I'm betting on a girl! (As your boy pregnancies were easy).

Mindy said...

Hey girl! So...I got morning sickness at 6 weeks and had it for a couple of months and then I would get sick at random times. I would be 30 something months and all of suden I am back at being sick. But it was different...I didn't have the light head feeling after a couple of months. So...hopefully you will have a girl! that will be so much fun! your boys are so cute!
http://thenieswenderfamily.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Those pictures are so sweet, little Isaac, I love the one of him kissing tyler through the door, so cute. And seriously below 1%? I guess I believe it he's tiny. I think pediasure sounds like a good idea if he won't eat anything else!

Valerie: said...

hey!! I am sorry you feel so bad, i know how ya feel. I just hope you get to throw up cause as gross as that sounds, it will help you feel better for an hour or so which is worth it, especially if you feel sick all day. That is too bad about Issac. He is such a little guy. I would try the pedialite or whatever it was. Yeah i know you dont like sugar but remember there are lots of other good nutrients and vitamins that he needs and he does need to plump up a bit so a little sugar couldn't hurt him. Aren't there sugars that are good sugars but fattening. maybe you could feed him that!! I dont know! oh and his butt is so cute in that picture in the bath.

The Bluths said...

Oh that scares me that you had similar pregnancies like me and are sick on this one. I hope I stay the same for the next ones.
Let's hope it goes away soon!

Hil said...

I don't know if you have already heard about this or not but just in case you haven't... when I was pregnant with Caleb I didn't ever throw up but I was just nausiated and dizzy the whole time. Someone at my work suggested taking half a unisom tablet at night and vitamin B6 in the morning. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was perfectly safe. I decided to try it and boy did it ever work! I wasn't nearly as sick and had a lot more energy! Anyway, had to let ya know because it helped me out so much.

Amber said...

oh man!! quinn has had a cough for three months AND i was also informed i need to fatten her up!! funny how our babies are similar! quinn weighs 15.2 pounds, which is totally off the weight chart too! my doctor just told me i need to give her LOTS of cows milk (she's still nursing by-the-way) which she doesn't cows milk. so let me know what you try and works!

Patti Price said...

I can relate to the weight thing so much...but you already know that. Peyton and Isaac must be conspiring together because I feel like Peyton eats like a bird. I have never seen a kids not care about going in his highchair.. it doesn't even phase him. If you find any ideas on getting Isaac to eat better please fill me in!

I hope you start to feel better soon. I swear by how you are feeling that you have to be having a girl!!!