Okay... most of you probably know by now that I'm pretty much a health fanatic! I have a degree in Health Science, but even more so in the past year or so have I really become even more of a fanatic and more into "natural health." Well, Easter is not my favorite holiday. Infact, I'm not a huge fan of holidays... only because of the tradition of gross, fatty food, and CANDY! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE candy and sweets! But, I don't eat it, and I don't like the tradition of giving it to children or anyone else because none of us need it, regardless of what any of you may think. So, Tyler wanted to give Cameron an Easter basket (naturally). I, on the other hand, did not! The point of Easter is not to give candy anyway! The point of the holiday is to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. But somewhere along the line, someone decided everyone needed to consume massive amounts of chocolate. I am not a fan of this tradition or any tradition that involves food or candy of any kind. So, to make a long story short... Tyler gave Cameron way more candy in his Easter basket than I approved of, and when I found it, I promptly took it away and gave him 5 starburst jelly beans, 5 mini chocolate eggs, and 1 starburst package (which I believe contained 2 starburts in it). Now, to me, and to a 2 1/2 year old, who NEVER gets candy, this was so exciting! But Tyler believed it was so sad! He was saying, "That is the crappiest Easter basket ever!" I'm like, "okay, seriously! He's 2!!!! He never gets candy, so he could get one piece of each and be ecstatic!" Why do we think kids have to have as much candy as an adult? And why do we think that they are so deprived if they don't get any candy? RIDICULOUS! I can't stand this attitude people have. It bugs me! So, don't bother making any comments and trying to battle me on this one... my mind is made up! I hate food traditions that involve unhealthy things, like chocolate and candy. And I HATE when people challenge me and say how sad it is that my kid doesn't get sugar on a regular basis. Okay, I'm done! But here is a before and after picture of Cameron's Easter basket. Oh, and the spinach was added by my adorable husband... yes, he was mocking me!
BEFORE

AFTER
2 comments:
hey tiff,
you're way too funny. i got a good "chuckle" at the before and after pictures. michelle and i did easter small this year. we got 4 bags of candy and distributed it between 8 children. They each got about 11 plastic eggs that really weren't that full because we didnt' even use all the candy. it was nice and the kids were so satisfied. i always make sure the kids remember the real meaning of easter and if they have questions, then i know there is too much emphasis on the "easter bunny". anyway, i love how you say it how it really is. you're great. (just don't get too mad at Tyler, he's great too! ha! )
Ok, so I plan on commenting on everything you've posted today, and I have yet to read the new posts below, but I just HAD to say something: way to go girl!!! I for one, fully support you! I guess us H.S. graduates have to stick together, eh?! Haha!
And just so you know, the spinach is freakin' hilarious!!! I had a good snicker (not the candy bar mind you) over that one! And as for how our Easter went (which I will have to post about soon), we had limited amounts of candy, and most of our "treats" were natural fruit strips and apple chips! You can imagine my disdain and horror that my son has such a sweet tooth when I try so hard not to have anything junky in our house... *sigh*
And just to let you know that you're not the only health nut, I'll warn you that we're going through a cleanse/detox/fast of sorts this week. You might be interested in it, as you're into natural health and what not (as am I)! Seriously, it's stuff like this that makes me excited about my degree. It really is something I'm passionate about and I'm glad that there's someone else out there who knows what it's like!
Uh, long enough comment for ya'?! Ha!
Post a Comment