Isaac with my sister-in-law, Kim Hackett.
I swear the weirdest things happen to me! I've gotten stuck in a seatbelt several times... one time where I literally could not get out (see two pictures below- from Bear Lake last summer... trust me, I couldn't get out. Tyler says the pictures make it look like I can slip right out, but I couldn't!). Don't ask me how it happened, but it did! Once when Ty and I were dating, I rode with my Dad to church when we lived in Idaho Falls. Tyler was staying with his sister Tori, who was in my parents ward and was just going to meet me at church (that's how we met). Well, I stayed in the car and my dad went inside because I wasn't quite done putting on my makeup. He locked the car when he got out, and when I proceeded to get out after I was finished making myself cute for Tyler, I couldn't get the doors to unlock. I'd hit the unlock button and they'd just flip back to the lock position again. I tried over and over again and started to panic! I tried to just open the door really fast before the locks flipped back, but couldn't get out! I WAS LOCKED INSIDE THE CAR! Pretty soon, the alarm was going off and people were walking past me wondering what the heck I was doing in there while the alarm was sounding. I couldn't get the alarm to turn off either. Tyler pulled up next to my Dad's car and I had to tell him to go get my Dad because I was locked inside the car! I was laughing so hard. I couldn't believe someone could get locked in the car! I guess it was some security feature to keep thieves locked in if they tried to steal the car. Anyway, another freakish thing happened this weekend. I made potatoes on Sunday for dinner. When I opened the oven door to get them out, I must have been too close because the heat from the oven came out really fast into my face and melted my eyelashes together. Well, it melted my mascara which caused my eyelashes to stick together. At first I thought it burned off my eyelashes, it was that hot (425 degrees I think). I literally couldn't get my eyelashes apart and didn't want to try too hard because I was afraid they would fall off or something. My eyes were watering and I went into the bathroom to look at myself, and laughed so hard. I told Kim she had to take a picture of me (third one down). The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was funny.
Tyler's mom bought Cameron this tent from Ikea. He LOVES it. I didn't even tell him to pose but look how professional he is!
Ty's mom will probably be mad at me for posting this, but I thought it was so cute! Cam climbed into bed with her (on our couch) one morning and wanted her to read him a book.
We went for a hike/walk with Ty's family the day they flew back to Utah (Tuesday). It was nice and warm and fun to spend some time outside. Here are some pics from our adventure.
Cameron, Isaac, and their cousin Chloe (almost 10 months).
This is Ty, Cameron, Ty's sister Staci Chavez and her little girl, Chloe.

4 comments:
Dang gina, what a post! J/K, I loved it! First off, how nice that's it's not too warm down there (yet...) so that Isaac was able to wear that darling outfit! And those crazy car moments were stinkin' hilarious! Along with the melted mascara and conjoined eyelashes... Hahahahaha. Oh, and have I told you how much I LOVE your hair! Yes, yes I have! Beautiful!
Oh no that picture of me with Isaac is so scary. The rest are cute of course and I love that seat belt story, I didn't know that happened. Where was I?
Tiff...it's so true. Strange things do seem to happen to you. I was cracking up over your locked-in-the-car story, because I could just picture exactly how you were reacting to the situation. I love it. And I love your eyelash melting trauma. You crack me up! p.s. what school is Tyler going to??
Post a Comment