We went to WalMart again last night (yeah, it's pretty much our favorite store minus the ridiculously slow lines and no organization whatsoever... oh and they're out of almost everything all the time, but it's cheap right?). Ty and I split up (he had Cam and I had Isaac) and while I was in the office supply aisle, an old woman in one of those scooter things asked if she could see my baby. So, I pulled my cart up next to her so she could look at him. He was fussy, which is normal because he LOVES to be held. She said something like, "Oh. He is sooo cute! He must be hungry." I told her I had just fed him right before I went to WalMart. She then proceeded to tell me that I should take him out of the car seat because sometimes they can get backaches, just like us adults, and if I picked him up and then set him back down, he'd be happier. Why do old women always have to tell you what to do with your child? Is it just me they do this to? So, under pressure, I took Isaac out of the carseat and held him. He continued to fuss, so she said, "It looks like something else is wrong. His feet look blue. Are they cold?" Okay, I'm a nice girl, but this was kind of bothering me. I felt his feet just to make her happy, and told her they weren't cold. She then went on about how something else was probably wrong and how he was probably hungry. I'm thinking, "Lady, I know how to take care of my kids!" She was really nice, but I just thought it was funny how every old lady feels like it's their obligation to tell me how to raise my children. The funniest part was, I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS WOMAN IN MY LIFE! It's not like it's my mom or mother-in-law giving me advice! It's some random WalMart Grandma that I've never met! Anyway, we were later in the check out stand waiting in line and a WalMart Grandpa behind us proceeded to tell us how we should potty train Cameron just the way he did with his son like 90 years ago. Spray him down with a hose if he "craps" his pants. This guy was actually pretty hilarious as he couldn't remember what you call it when you "stop kids from crapping in their pants." (Potty Training) That may sound like cruel terms, but that's what he was saying! He asked us, "what's it called when you stop kids from crapping in their pants? It was soo funny! WalMart Grandma's and Grandpa's are funny, but I sure hope I don't turn out to be one!
On to my pictures... here are some from the past few days. Cameron loves his baby brother!



Cameron hates when the sun shines in his eyes in the car, so he wears my sunglasses on a regular basis. He can't quite figure out how to get them on correctly though. I had to take a picture when we got home from taking Ty to school yesterday morning.

My mom bought this cute outfit for Isaac at Gymboree. Love that store! My favorite part is the racoon hat. So cute!

1 comment:
Those are some pretty cute pics! As for the unwanted advice from the elderly, drives me nuts!!!!!!! Way to maintain politeness! You could have always walloped her with your diaper bag...
Post a Comment